Thursday, 26 April 2012

Dress number 3

DRESS 3

FABRIC: embossed jersey £3 per meter

Finding inspiration from the clothes worn by friends and family, I wanted to make a dress like this one shown below...




For the arm straps I used the metal loops of an old t-shirt that I have.


 The straps are all binded and blend into the top of the dress.




I then sewed all the seams together.


 The final outcome:






 I am really pleased with the outcome of this dress, especially with the success of the recycled straps. I think that the raised texture of this garment is what gives it a character amongst other similiar dresses.

 The feedback I got for this dress was positive and complimented the neatness and successes involved in its production. This dress was an combination of various techniques that I am quite confident using so I did not encounter many problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment