SKIRT 3
FABRIC: Leatherette £3 per meter
I wanted to make the third skirt in a similiar way to how I made my first one, like a panel skirt; though for this one i wanted to try and insert in seam pockets.
I used this video to help me do it. Although it's an old video and a bit cheesy in places, the instructions are really straight forward to follow...
The resulting garment:
I was really plesed with the outcome of the pockets as through trial and error, they came out a good usable size and did not comprimize the overfall appearance of the dress.
I did not really enjoy using this material as it was difficult to handle in the sewing machine, it would regularly coil up and stop me sewing any further.
Initially I imagined that with the tension of this fabric that it would arrise problems in producing garments of a desired size, although fortunately, my cut pattern was successful in producing the desired size without problem.
Initially I imagined that with the tension of this fabric that it would arrise problems in producing garments of a desired size, although fortunately, my cut pattern was successful in producing the desired size without problem.
No comments:
Post a Comment